Skip to content

How To Register For Media Base – Rap Rehab


    Q: Where do I send my new music to be encoded?
    Send new music to:

    Mediabase Research Attn: Encoding Department 15260 Ventura Blvd., Ste 400

    Sherman Oaks, CA, 91403

    or email MP3 file to:

    NOTE:It is very helpful to include as much information as possible, e.g., the name of the track(s) you are working at radio, the format(s), contact name at the label, phone number, e-mail address, etc. You can submit song information through the Mediabase New Music Notification form.

    Q: Where do I go to see if my new music is “in the system?”
    If you are a subscriber to Music Information Systems, your song will appear on the system AFTER IT RECEIVES INITIAL AIRPLAY.

    In some cases (e.g., more popular full length CDs), all songs will be entered upon arrival of CD at Mediabase offices, regardless of whether or not they have received airplay. In all cases, the song will appear after it is first detected for airplay.

    Who do I contact if I suspect there is a Discrepancy in my airplay reporting?

    If you are a subscriber to Mediabase 24/7, or to Music Information Systems, you may click on the DISCREP DESK prompt within the Mediabase Home Page.If you are NOT a subscriber to Mediabase 24/7, or to Music Information Systems, you may click on the button below to report your disrepancy to the Discrep Desk.

    Mediabase retains audio for a full week. Any suspected discrepancies can be reconciled within that period, and will repost in the next web posting (web postings update at least twice daily).

    You may also fax suspected Discrepancy information to: 818-461-5150

    Q: How Do I Confirm that CD/new music has arrived at Mediabase:
    Click on the Discrepancy Desk button below and enter your inquiry.