There is a special movement that’s about to start across the nation headed by Public Enemy’s Chuck D called “Occupy Free Air Movement”. RapRehab is proud to be a part of it.
Occupy FREE Air launches in September 2013 where we push for ALL USA radio signals to play 40% of their playlists for local (150 mile radius) artists at that time there will be thorough Identification of every Program Music Director, Owner & Management individuals of the Airwaves.
Here are some recent TWEETS from Chuck D himself talking about this potentially powerful movement discussing the basic’s of the movements reasoning, general purpose & game plan.
FOLLOW Chuck D on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MrChuckD
- Simple question: Why have a signal broadcast to a region full of artists on a playlist who NEVER will come there, while local acts suffer?
- Eventually I propose every artist know the location of your local station, it’s antenna and offices. They are required to identify themselves
- Local artists not being heard locally is like local business being destroyed. Radio has turned into The Enemy of The People #occupyfreeair
- Canada radio is required to play % of Canadian artists in every Air playlist. In USA #OccupyFreeAir pushes for 40% to local artists Stand UP!
- I would say the term racist applies to these strangers who have been strangling black music & Hip Hop in this ambiguous term known as ‘urban’
- If you are an artist reading this don’t you even deserve a chance to be heard locally? Get up ,stand Up snatch your AIR back #occupyfreeair
- What sense does it make for these Hot or Power Corplantations supporting 2 major no indie labels,while shutting doors on its local scenes???
- Forever the community has resisted in supporting local art of RAP thus RAP has dissed the hood with help of Corplantation Urban radio.
- Identify your stations location and signal tower. There’s a million artists ready to be heard in their home AIR space follow @occupyfreeair
- A good summer to destroy Corplantations of the air so your local artists voices can get heard & local love #occupyfreeair is ready today!
- Eventually the criminal 1996 Clinton Michael Powell telecommunications Act allowed the masses to be pied pipered by a chosen few. Occupy Air
- Identification of these individuals across Airwaves PDs MDs Owners Managements start on www.OccupyFreeAir.com on July1 follow @OccupyFreeAir
- Eventually a movement that makes sense goes from 1000 to many thousands quickly like a virus or wildfire. These adversaries number under 100
- The toxins that I’ve witnessed on urban Hot97-Power105,are worse on black folk than the kkk. They must be accountable or destroyed. REALTALK!
- Older New Yorkers of color have watched their voice & opinion get choked from the AIR by a cowardly chosen few. Stand Up especially you Artists
- I have already spoken to over 100,000 ppl this spring in the USA. The movement is in effect. Local artists demand your AIR space summer 2013
- #OccupyFreeAir demands the community investigate & takes back the AIR coming at them. This is not a a twitter rant, rather a call foraction
- Program & Music directors as well as owners managements will simply be identified to the masses thy broadcast to. No more anonymity. Know Them!
- By September there will be massive protests in front of USA radio stations by Artists & community folk, preventing ppl from going to that job
- Quite simply #OccupyFreeAir is a call for these stations to be accountable or destroyed. Eventually protests will stop these ppl from working
- #OCCUPYFREEAIR Is a movement of DEMANDING 40% OF local ARTISTS (All genres) To be heard on 150 mile radius of their HOME signal. It’s MOVEMENT time!